I am sure about the days we’ve spent in so-called lockdown now: After initial doubts and uneasiness I’ve found a clever website which does the seemingly simple job of counting for me. Look, here’s the fukn proof!
And indeed, Saturday, 27 March 2021 is the 365th day. We didn’t win any additional days, neither did we lose any, so hubs and me can celebrate the anniversary in a festive manner. Hmmm, sushi maybe? And a movie? We gotz “The Snyder Cut”, if you know what I mean. A little over 4 hours of cartoonish adventures of cartoonish characters … and neither of us feels like watching it.
But don’t fret, people. Orcsi, as you very well know, is your stuntgirl and goes where nobody else dares to tread. You’ll get my review … soonish. Just gotta find a quiet day and 4 hours of uninterrupted time to fully submerge myself into the DCU’s shenanigans. Not particularly looking forward to the experience but for you, sweet children, Imma gonna do it!
So, what else happens 2 days before our locky downy anniversary?
Let’s see from top left to bottom right:
- Uncommonly reasonable call for earlier curfew during Easter holidays. This would be a generally good idea, with or without the Covid-19 threat. Billions of drunk drivers, and a pathetically small – but equally drunk – police force make for some of the most brutal death crashes of the year. Add to that the superspreader events and Bob’s your funeral director.
- Didn’t I just say that? Cabinet worries about religious superspreader events. Why can’t people pray to the easter bunny in the comfort of their own homes?
- Our health minister, a real doctor btw, Zweli Mkizhe, is also for a tighter lockdown during the Ester holidays. See, you can have it all: Be a corrupt politician and still have a sensitive opinion. 🙂
- Aaaawe. 😦 Prof Karim was the – much needed – voice of reason. Dunno why he stepped down, maybe bullied out?
- Yes, yes, TB takes a back seat. What can I say? Covid-19 is simply the more sexy and fashionable disease, sorry.
- Gvt advisors call for tighter lockdown restrictions? No, really? How you gonna react, gvt?
- Brace yourself, 3rd wave is a-coming!
- And uncaring assholios should be dismissed? What a daring concept! WOW! 😮
Business as usual. Humans are sometimes singularly brilliant, as the dominant mammal species we’re stupid as toast. And that would be an insult for bread. I said it since almost a year now, and I’m gonna say it again: With the correct, consequent and swift lockdown measures we could’ve been out of this mess since at least half a year by now. Look at China! Asian discipline, social thinking, individual responsibility … and they were Covid-free after 2 or 3 months. Why can’t we do the … ugh forget it. No beach party for us. 😦
Let’s admit it, we fukked it up … or let other people fuk it up on our behalf. We let assholes, too stupid to tie their own shoelaces, try their luck on procuring vaccines and organise their rollout, we caved in to industry demands and opened up the economy much too early, we allowed intl traffic, we sent our kidz to school, we truly don’t deserve our own pool party. 😦
Sad but true …
You guys be good to each other … and yourself, ok?