Good Friday Morning, my lovelies!
You in a good mood, content with the world around you? Well let me ruin that for you:
What do we see here? Run of the mill Intel NUC it looks like, won’t you say? Yeah, same here, I see the same. Okay the specs are nice n all and this tiny little thing makes a fine fine office warrior. And Librem sprinkled some magickal fairy dust over it for more security n shit.
- Intel Core i7-8565U (Whiskey Lake), Active (fan) Cooling
4 Cores, 8 Threads, up to 4.6GHz
- Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: Upto 64 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (2 SO-DIMM Slots)
- 1 SATA III 6GB/s SSD/HDD (7mm)
- 1 M.2 SSD (SATA III/NVMe x4)
- 1 HDMI 2.0 4K @ 60Hz
- 1 DisplayPort 1.2 4K @ 60Hz
- 4 x USB 3.0
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Type-C 3.1
- 3.5mm audio jack (Mic-in & headphone out combo)
- 1 RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- WiFi 802.11n (2.4/5.0 GHz) via Atheros ATH9k module (optional)
- Bluetooth 4.0 included in WiFi module (optional)
- Weight: 1 kg (2.2 lbs)
- Dimensions: 12.8cm (5.0 inches) x 12.8cm (5.0 inches) x 3.8cm (1.5 inches)
The base configuration with 8 Gigs of RAM and a 256 GB SSD will cost you $699. And, if you want the most powerful configuration available, it will cost you about $3000 easily.
But the prices! 😮
Starting at 699 Woolongs and going up, to 3,000!!! Are they fukn nutz? It’s a NUC ffs! Just a NUC. 699 is already too steep, every woolong more is crazyness! 😦
Are you, dear reader – you personally – running a high risk office, maybe constructing some very difficile weaponry for the super rich, but bossy, inhabitants of dat Pentagonal shaped building? No? Just playing in Second Life, watching UToobz and checking Orca her bloggo? Okay, then do like Orca and get a nice little refurb Lenovo from the outlet store and put every fukn Linux distro you fancy on it, and not just Librem’s special unwieldy shit.