this just fresh in via Inara’s bloggy:
Whoa! Ten Thousand crispy American smackeronis! For you! At least when you’re a creator in Sansar. What do we think of a prize money that by far exceeds any amount LL have ever given away for anything? We’re not talking Linden dollars here but the real McCoy! And that before the official opening? Do they wanna start their new Not-a-World with a Big Bang or do they already fear the startup could be a bad misfire, and trying to hype it up to avoid going down in flames? And why the haste? If you read about it today you’ll have one week of time to get all settled in Sansar beta version and start to build a Halloween Experience. One short week.
I admit the prize money is tempting, very tempting. But let’s see what all I had to do in that very short week:
- Install Windows on my good computer. A totally innnocent machine, totally untouched by any Mircosoft product so far. My little angel. And put Windows on it? Really? I don’t think so.
- Get an Octopus + the controllers for it.
- Empty out my study, kick out neighbour’s cat, so I have enuff room to stumble around when I’m in the Artificial Experience.
- Getting comfy in Sansar and learn how to build.
- Get the inspiration and excitement that let’s me get started with my Halloween build.
- Overcome my natural aversion of anything Halloween and spooky in general.
- Even if I knew how to build and script stuff in Sansar I’d rather go for cool stuff and build a starship, a motorbike or a sailboat. Or a nifty house for Orcsi to live in. Oh, and of course some nice clothes. Or or or … But fukn useless Halloween deco? Fuk me sideways but no, I won’t do it!